SUSMUN, or the Sydney University Schools Model United Nations Conference, is a vibrant high-school level Model United Nations conference held annually at the University of Sydney during the semester break. This year, SUSMUN is being held on Friday 27th July.
We are looking for society members who are interested in working as a team of around 3-4 people in the areas of Logistics, Committees, Delegate Relations and Marketing.
- Logistics: Ensuring the smooth running of the conference to enhance and contribute to the MUN experience for every delegate;
- Committees: Deciding committee topics, researching and writing briefing papers and draft resolutions;
- Delegate Relations: Coordinating registration and contributing to the great atmosphere of the conference;
- Marketing: Reaching as many schools as possible to advertise and encourage involvement in SUSMUN.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for any of the vacant positions. Be aware that places on the SUSMUN secretariat will require dedication to the conference on top of normal academic commitments.
Please copy and paste this form into an email by Sunday, 15th April:
- Have you attended previous MUN conferences, or been involved in debating or public speaking?
- First preference position:
- Why would you like to work on this team?
- Second preference position:
- Will you be able to attend/help out at the conference on the 27th July 2011?
- Do you have any questions or concerns for me?
We hope that everyone considers becoming involved in SUSMUN! It is a great way to meet members of the society, old and new, and experience a taste of what it takes to run a MUN conference!
Thanks, and hope to meet you soon!